Re: Bug 11239

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>>    2. The UA cannot provide a blink rate (for whatever reason). When
>>       drawing a canvas caret, the author wants to draw a caret with a
>>       default blink rate (apparently this is usually 500ms).
>
> What scenario could there be? If there is no concrete scenario where this
> happens, then there's no point discussing it.

I can /imagine/ a concrete scenario. Does that count?

What if a visual-rendering UA delegated drawing of widgets (e.g.
textareas) to the system and the system did not provide information
about caret blink rate back? Then the author would want to draw a caret,
but the UA would be unable to provide the correct blink rate to use.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis