Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-31 / ISSUE-80 validation survey

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> Clearly, MediaWiki could be programmed to fetch @alt text for that
> image from title of the target page or something?

My point was that MediaWiki and vBulletin both produce bogus alt text
for user-uploaded images to ensure they validate.  I made this point
only because the chairs said that there was a lack of concrete
evidence that bogus values had been used in the past or will be used
in the future, and I knew of concrete evidence that would be useful if
the issue were reopened.  I gave no opinion on the legitimacy of the
generator exception.  Whether MediaWiki specifically could do better
is a question best raised in its bug tracker (feel free to CC me):

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=MediaWiki