Re: Mozilla Proposal for HTML5 Spec Licence

On 04/11/2011 05:50 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Gervase Markham wrote:
>>
>> So Mozilla wishes to propose the use of the Creative Commons CC0
>> License[2] for the HTML5 spec.
>>
>> [2] http://creativecommons.org/choose/zero/
>
> Google fully supports this proposal.

Would that WHATWG consider adopting this license?  If not, what would
you propose changing?

I ask because of the specific response and recommendation made by IBM in
the Feb/March 2010 member survey:

   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/htmllicense2010/results

While the proposed license does not fully satisfy IBM's request, knowing
whether or not the WHATWG would be prepared to adopt this license may
affect IBM's response to the upcoming May 2011 member survey on this topic.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  Disclaimer: while I am an employee of IBM, I do not speak for IBM
on this matter.  That's what we have AC representatives for.
Additionally, sorry for posting a member-only link to this mailing list;
but the ACLs on that page are beyond my control.