Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs

Maciej Stachowiak, Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:02:47 -0700:
> On Sep 24, 2010, at 7:59 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Sam Ruby, Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:35:42 -0400:
>>> On 09/15/2010 10:56 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

>> I object to publishing the HTML5 spec and the Differences spec.

> The _vendor- mechanism existed in our previous heartbeat draft,
> published June 24: <http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-html5-20100624/>. So
> it does not seem like a very good reason to hold publication on our
> new heartbeat round.

Some formalism:

Ian's zero-edit proposal was the official Zero-Edit proposal until the
chairs rejected it on 8th of September [#].  And the only thing Ian
says in that proposal is that the need for a vendor prefix solution
"corresponds to an open bug". [*] Also, although you rejected his
proposal, you did not point out that there was no open bug anymore.

[#] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0078
[*] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0599

There were thus little reason for the group to believe that this issue
had been solved.
--
leif halvard silli