Re: ISSUE-27: rel-ownership - Call for counter proposals

On 02/23/2010 11:31 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> So it seems like we have rough consensus on this proposal, and also
> rough consensus to test the new registry before adopting it. Currently
> the owner if this issue is listed as "Chairs":
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-027>. We do not
> want to have an issue on our hands indefinitely, where the actual next
> action is not ours.
>
> Therefore, we would like to ask for a volunteer to take the action to
> test the registry. Given the estimated time frames for this registry,
> that action would have a due date 5-6 weeks from now. If we do not find
> a volunteer within a week, we will proceed with a Call for Consensus on
> this Change Proposal.

Much has happened since Maciej sent this email.  The registry was
established.  Testing occurred.  People differ as to how the results
from that testing should be interpreted.

At the present time, we continue to have only one change proposal.  At
this time, the chairs are requesting counter proposals.  If no counter
proposals are received by October 17th, we will proceed with a call for
consensus on the proposal that we do have:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/1006.html

- Sam Ruby