Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

Then I suggest someone else makes sure that the formal registry is correct, if the editor is unwilling/unable to do that.

A wiki has all the problems listed below, alas.  A formal registry is a place where you can go to find out what is actually happening, as opposed to wikis, which can gather arbitrary input from arbitrary arbitrary-minded people (not that we have any of those in this community, of course).

On Sep 1, 2010, at 12:03 , Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>
>> Ian, would you consider re-submitting the application data registration
>> using this set of fields?
>
> No, my experience was far too painful. I really don't see any value in
> using an IANA registry for this at this point. The Microformats wiki seems
> quite sufficient and orders of magnitude easier to deal with (there's no
> need to wait for someone to approve a tentative registration, for example,
> you can just edit the wiki and be done; updates can be done as needed,
> there's no restriction on who can do it; there's far more focus on real
> world deployment than theoretical spec stability; there's an active
> community updating the registry on their own without needing people to
> submit applications for approval, etc).
>
> --

David Singer