Re: Adopting the media accessibility requirements

Based on discussion so far, I can imagine a couple of potential steps forward:

(1) Clarify the intent of the requirements document - it identifies a comprehensive set of needs, but in further review only some of these will be considered MUST-level for the HTML5 spec itself.

(2) Continue review of the document, particularly by implementors who have not followed the TF discussion, since we have identified some important points of disconnect in the discussion so far.

(3) Consider revising the document to remove requirements that are not directly related to accessibility (if there is consensus on that).

(4) Instead of officially adopting the requirements as representing consensus of the HTMLgroup, perhaps we can just accept it as one piece of input into the broader conversation. For other ISSUEs, we haven't officially adopted a requirements document, and that has been ok. Still, evaluating proposed solutions against this document could provide a useful piece of information.

I would strongly urge anyone involved in implementing HTML5 media elements, or authoring content using HTML5 media elements, to read over this requirements document and comment, so we can discuss the best path forward.

Regards,
Maciej