Re: W3C Spec Comments Form

On 10/20/2010 02:13 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Could we either remove the W3C Spec comments form, or at least
> specially flag anything submitted through it so that it requires some
> degree of moderation before showing up in the bug tracker?

I presume that you are referring to the WHATWG spec comments form?
I.e., the one that appears at the bottom of

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/

But not here:

   http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html

At the present time, that form is directly wired into creating bug
reports.  Would it be possible for it to place this information on some
sort of queue, and that bug reports would only be opened on the ones
that some group of people selected?

I seem to remember a period of time when the WHATWG twitter account was
overrun by spam as it was wide open, and something was set up to control
who could post and who could not.  Perhaps that same list of people
could approve comments to be opened as bug reports?

- Sam Ruby