Re: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

On 10/18/10 1:26 AM, Adam Barth wrote:
> Decoupling the property from the attribute seems undesirable.  Maybe
> we should try to address the use case directly rather than trying to
> hack around with the async attribute?  Perhaps we should add a
> waitFor="foo bar" attribute to script elements that delays the
> execution of the script until all the scripts with the ids listed in
> the attribute execute (be they defer, async, normal, what-have-you).

This introduces a fair amount of complexity that needs to be defined
(e.g. at what point do those ID lookups happen, what happens if there
are no such script elements in the DOM, etc).  It might be workable, of
course; I'd welcome an unambiguous proposal to evaluate.

> That would also have the advantage of being useable declaratively.

Presumably in combination with @async?

-Boris