Re: getting rid of callers

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> >> For HTMLFormElement, it seems only IE implements them.  Are they
> >> really necessary to have in the spec?
> >
> > The real question is, is Microsoft willing to remove support for this
> > feature? (in all modes, not just in some DOCTYPE-triggered ghetto)
> >
> > If not, then the simplest way of getting interop would be for everyone
> > to just implement these features. They're not that much of a burden,
> > surely?
>
> This is clearly not the only qualification for if a feature should stay.
> Or are you arguing we should add VML and vbscript to HTML5 as well?

There's a world of difference between supporting making an object callable
and implementing an entire scripting language. I wouldn't expect the
burden of implementing an entire scripting language to be a light thing.

Personally I just want interop. I don't really mind how we get there. I
also acknowledge that the journey is long. We have to do it piecemeal.