Re: ISSUE-118 CP 3

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:01:46 -0500
Cc: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
To: robert@ocallahan.org

Le 29 nov. 2010 à 17:49, Robert O'Callahan a écrit :
> Personally I would have liked "next" at least to have been successful, but
> it hasn't, and that's that.

In fact, I'm using it (I suspect some people do without knowing it).
On Opera, space bar for scrolling down a page, then when the bottom page is reached, the next link takes over and brings you to the next page.
Here another way to simulate it
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/36837

At the same time, it might not be enough to consider it.

By class of products, a quick survey, but would require a better analysis.

# browsers
* navigation
  Opera, lynx,
* caching
  Mozilla https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Link_prefetching_FAQ

# search engines
  I do not think Google is using it. Others?
  someone at Google?
  I don't have the impression that htdig does either.
  http://htdig.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/htdig/htdig/htdig/HTML.cc?view=markup

# Converter tools (It is better on that side of the coin)

Some tools which create the links

* Sphinx Documentation Generator
  http://sphinx.pocoo.org/
* Latex2HTML
  http://www.latex2html.org/

# Blogging tools

Wordpress 3.0 creates them automatically
MovableType too (to be confirmed)

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/