Re: proposal: drop bugzilla@jessica.w3.org emails from public-html human lists

On 11/15/2010 04:22 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> HTML WG:
>
> I propose that we drop the cc'ing from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org
> to public-html lists that are used by/for humans for discussion.
>
> At a minimum: public-html@w3.org and public-html-a11y@w3.org.

-1

Anybody notice that the flames on this list have gone way down since
this was done?  I suggest that this is *not* an accident.

I also suggest that bugs reports are the primary way in which this work
group conducts business, and that "humans" are, in fact the correct
target audience for such.

Finally, I note that the bugzilla messages have a readily identifiable
subject line and from field, those that wish to filter the messages can
easily do so.

What I would support:

1) any process that reduces the amount of spam without introducing undue
delays or unpredictability.

2) creating a separate list for process discussions (such as this one).

- Sam Ruby