Re: Change Proposal for ISSUE-125

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:09:09 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
On 13.11.2010 22:00, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Nov 2010, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>
>> ...however tests show that Internet Explorer ([1]) does indeed obey the
>> HTTP parsing rules, so it's highly doubtful that it's actually needed
>> for "backwards compatibility".

It obeys the parsing rules in that it doesn't treat a single quote the
same way as a double quote.

Yes, I'm aware that it has other bugs, but apparently not *that* one.

Let's work on making things better, instead of throwing together the
combined badness into a single algorithm and claim it's "needed".

It's not.

Best regards, Julian