Re: the spec warning

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 07:50:48 -0500
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
On 11/09/2010 05:34 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:

> can we get rid of the spec warning on the editors draft, it is
> unecessary and misleading as it it points to itself and annoying as it
> can't be dismissed.

The current published editor's draft contains:

<!--
   <script class="all-pages">
    if (location == 'http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html') {
      var wip = document.getElementById('wip');
      wip.parentNode.removeChild(wip);
    }
   </script>
   --><!-- not everyone agrees with this (requested before html5 fpwd) -->

Can anybody explain why this is commented out, and why it would only
apply to the single page version if it weren't commented out?

- Sam Ruby