Re: Minutes of IETF topic session from HTML WG F2F

Just to reply to a couple things in these notes.

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/11/04-html-wg2-minutes.html

> URI/IRI [URL]
[...]
> HS: what I am annoyed about is that we had something that was right or fixable, was removed or delegated, and now we have to rewrite it
> ... I am now betting on Adam delivering it
[...]
> LM: Adam was at the last meeting
> ... there is an IETF document of how to do IETF document
[...]
> AVK: Adam is a bit reluctant to go back to the IETF

At an interim meeting of the IRI WG, we worked out a plan whereby I'd
upload whatever progress I've made on the URL spec as an IETF
document.  Larry and I are going to work on our documents in parallel.
 At some point in the future we might combine them, publish them
separately, or move various sections around depending on what makes
sense.

I'm currently waiting for the Beijing blackout period for uploading
new drafts to pass.  Once that happens, I'll upload what I've got now
(which is pretty incomplete).  I'm hoping to spend more time on the
URL spec once we get the WebSocket handshake squared away.

As for begin reluctant to go back to the IETF, I've had some
frustrations, but I think it's important for browser vendors to show
up at the IETF.  Hopefully by having some positive outcomes, we can
pave the way for more cooperation.

Adam