Re: ISSUE-118 CP 3

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 12:10:59 +0100
To: robert@ocallahan.org
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
>
>> DocBook stylesheets by default generate such navigational links and
>> because of this there are tons of content using this feature.
>>

> If something generates navigational links, but nothing consumes them, then
> they're not used.

At least my Opera browser consumes them very well. And for highly
complex documentation sets presented on web it is very convenient to
have such navigation. HTML5 should cater for existing usage and not
throw away useful feature because 99% of users doesn't need it.

This few rel values doesn't harm anyone and are already used.

Or should be each feature in HTML5 thrown away if it is not supported by
N major browsers?

					Jirka