RE: Adding a warning to Working Drafts pointing to Editor's Drafts

The latest messages on this thread occurred very early on Fri AM ET and I have been travelling across 9 time zones to the TPAC meetings ever since.  This is my first chance to give my view on this item.

> It seems the general sentiment is in favor of a warning that shows up no matter where you are in the draft, but can be hidden to avoid distraction.

It is not obvious to me that we have a concrete change proposal to take action on here.  Does the WG actually agree that a problem exists?  Will any warning be user suppressable or not?   How exactly will the warning be implemented and what user agents will it work on?  Will suppressing the warning be done in an "accessible" way?

In our private dialogue with the HTML5 Editor the Chairs explained why we wanted the warning he added to the Working Draft removed:

>If the existing text is buggy, we ask that such be reported publicly, and discussed openly, giving everybody an opportunity to participate.

Following the above sentiment, I would prefer that we not rush to judgment here and that we use our WG Decision Policy to determine the WG's position on this matter and any actions to be taken.

Therefore I would like to suggest that someone file a bug that clearly states the rationale for needing a warning in Working Drafts on the TR page hopefully with a detailed change proposal that describes how the warning will be implemented so that we can use the WG's Decision Policy to decide how to act on the bug.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada