Re: ISSUE-90 - Removing the figure Element - Straw Poll for Objections

On 05/19/2010 10:56 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> "Julian Reschke"<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>
>> I'd also like to note that some of the objections to Shelley's
>> proposal do not seem to be relevant; for instance, whether or not
>> the "superfriends" support an element isn't very interesting to me,
>> unless they care to come over and argue within the WG.
>
> On the topic of the strength of objections: Larry's concern about
> progress to REC could be used as an excuse to delete anything
> proactively. However, we don't need to because the Process already
> involves pruning features without implementations before in later
> transitions before REC.

This feedback (and by that I mean *both* Julian's and Henri's) is helpful.

I encourage more of it, though the normal caveats apply: I would prefer
that we avoid repetition and "me too"'s, and would prefer to keep meta
discussion to a minimum, in separate threads, and ideally off list.

- Sam Ruby