Re: ISSUE-93 Details change proposal discussion

From: Benoit Piette <benoit.piette@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 22:31:08 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>

> <section has-details>
>  Spoilers for Star Wars!
>  <details>
>    Luke killed Vader in the study with the candlestick.
>  </details>
> </section>
>
> over...
>
> <details>
>  <summary>Spoilers for Star Wars!</summary>
>  Luke killed Vader in the study with the candlestick.
> </details>
>
> ?
>
> ~TJ

The first one is more flexible, but that does not count in this particular
example. I still think that it is weird to have the summary inside the
details element, because the details is not the summary ;-) It would depend
on the context surrounding the element. Is it stand alone, part of a list,
is it a section, inside an aside ? Depending where the details is, the
enclosing details element could very be redondant. Of course, if it would be
a div, it replaces it, but if it is anything else, then it is probably
redundant.

Do you have a list of examples of details type usage on the Web ? I
personally don't, but I'll try to find the time to check.

-Benoit