Re: co-chairs: question about change proposals for Issues 90 and 91

On Mar 28, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> For Issue 90, related to the figure element, and issue 91, related to
> the aside element, in the bug originally I asked to clean these
> sections up, and tighten focus.
>
> My change proposals now differ from the change requested in both of
> these bugs. Would they still be relevant for these issues/bugs? Does
> the change proposal have to mirror what was originally asked for in
> the bug?

Your proposals don't have to make an identical request to what is in
the bug, but it should be reasonably related to the associated bug and
issue. If I recall correctly, your suggestions in the bug were to
restrict the allowed uses of the figure and aside elements, relative
to what is stated in the spec. If you're proposing a somewhat
different set of additional restrictions for these elements, that
would certainly be in scope. If you (hypothetically) ended up making
proposals that make changes to a whole different area of the spec
(like restricting other elements besides the ones mentioned), that
would be out of scope. If you suggested a much more radical change to
these elements than restricting their use, like removing the elements
entirely, or proposing new elements which would take on some of their
use cases, that would be borderline.

If you are in doubt, and would like to check in before formally
submitting the proposal, the chairs would be glad to privately review
a rough draft or a summary of your intent, and give you guidance.

Thanks for checking in on these issues ahead of time. I expect it will
help to smooth out the process.

Regards,
Maciej