Re: AuthConfReq: Presentational Markup

Le 27 mars 2010 à 19:37, Leif Halvard Silli a écrit :
> <b> is allowed per HTML5. Should it only permit <strong>?

Either way, I do not mind.
my personal preference: strong is enough.

> I also think that it is possible to transmit, in a screenreader, that
> the text is striked over.

<strike title="this text is striked for reason x">blabla</strike>

>> One size doesn't fit all. Some users need a markup validity check
>> feedback, some users are just not tech savy and in this case, the
>> system *should* take care of it. Unfortunately for me, here, I used
>> should. :)
>
> Should the commenter in this case not have been allowed put a strike
> over the text?

Not sure I understand the question.
It depends on how you design the language. Is strike permitted in the language?

1. If strike element is forbidden/obsolete in the html language.
   Not allowed
2. If strike element is authorized but as the Web site publisher/developer, we think the element is not appropriate in the context of the input form.
   Not allowed

--
Karl Dubost
Montréal, QC, Canada