W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > March 2010

elevate bug 7034 to issue

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:49:51 -0500
Message-ID: <643cc0271003260749h58e8ce14n7423c88203497476@mail.gmail.com>
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
As Sam Ruby mentioned in another thread this bug has been kicking
around for some time. And there's been a lot of discussion, and I
don't want to bring down the wrath of the free-to-speak group gods on
my head for seemingly suppressing discussion, but I think we need to
move this discussion and the bug into more concrete realms.

Can we put initiate an Action to have the editor respond with a note
to this email list about his plans regarding this bug? If he has no
plans on fixing, at least we can push this into the issue path and
start getting specific change proposals. If he is planning on fixing,
by the very nature of this bug, which strikes me has impacting heavily
on the specification, I think it would be a good idea to review his
plans _before_ he makes the change. This isn't "Decision Process", but
it is common sense.

I know we can back the changes out. It just seems inefficient to have
the editor make a lot of changes only to tell him, sorry, doesn't
work.

Shelley
Received on Friday, 26 March 2010 14:50:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 29 October 2015 10:16:00 UTC