Re: Bug 7034

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:43:59 +0100, Leif Halvard Silli
<xn--mlform-iua@målform.no> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren, Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:29:31 +0100:
>> On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:17:25 +0100, Leif Halvard Silli
>> <xn--mlform-iua@målform.no> wrote:
>>> Anne van Kesteren, Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:18:43 +0100:
>>>
>>> Authoring switch rather than mode switch.
>>
>> It's a validator mode switch alright.
>
> The alternative is a manual validator mode switch.

That was not the suggestion.

> There would be no delusion if the xmlns string signified a selection of
> elements from the strict document type.

It does not seem that would at all help with the people that previously
used e.g. XHTML Transitional (assuming they are using obsolete elements
for the moment).

>>> That xmlns is permitted inside the <html> start tag *without* there
>>> being any requirement for XML-ness, will at least create _some_
>>> confusion.
>>
>> Yeah, polyglot documents are highly confusing.
>
> I don't see how allowing it as talisman only reduces confusion.

I don't think it does.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/