RE: HTML's table model vs @hidden & display:none

If the cells of the periodic table contains @colspan and @rowspan, then
the feature I ask for could  be useful. But perhaps "disabled" is a bad
name. Another name could be <td placeholder >  A placeholder cell
allows me to keep track of the cells both in the code as well as via
(currently supported) CSS.

The actual periodic table does not seem to need very many cells with
colspan="*" or rowspan="*". [1] But it could be used in row 1, 2 and 3.
If the cells in your table contains lots of hard to discern details,
then it becomes important to keep track of things and know exactly
where you are in the code.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodic_table

Leif

Dean Leigh, Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:41:18 -0000: