Re: Bug 7034

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:28:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: HTMLwg WG <public-html@w3.org>, James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
"Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:

> If I scream loudly enough (which seems to be the criteria that Henri
> believes has been applied to the spec to date), do I get to make this
> a conformance error?

I feel I could say "I'll ask you to be careful when attributing statements to others in
general, and to me in particular."[1]

I don't believe that screaming loudly enough if the criteria that has been applied.

I do believe that the political buy-in of "standardistas" is part of the rationale for making some presentational markup non-conforming. I also believe that another part of the rationale is a belief that the Web gets better if people use presentational markup less and that the authoring conformance requirements affect the usage.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0570.html
--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi