Re: Possible Conservative Proposal : no prefixes, but allow xmlns on a root element

From: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:20:29 +0000
To: "Ennals, Robert" <robert.ennals@intel.com>
CC: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>, "Carr, Wayne" <wayne.carr@intel.com>
Ennals, Robert wrote:
> Do you know how common that is on the web?

Common enough that I could find an example fairly easily, rare enough
that I didn't want to bother finding more :-)

There's some raw data at
http://philip.html5.org/data/xmlns-attributes-raw.txt.bz2 containing
(url, element-name, attribute-name-beginning-with-xmlns,
attribute-value) data (tab-separated, with XML escaping of all strings)
derived from parsing the pages described in
http://philip.html5.org/data/dotbot-20090424.txt (not restricted to
text/html), if anyone wants to look in more detail at this kind of thing.

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk