Bug 7034 (was: Possible *third* proposal)

On 03/19/2010 03:52 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I would expect the cited bug to be NEEDSINFOd unless Sam provides more
> information than he has so far.

[co-chair hat off]

The title of the bug report is "authoring conformance requirements in
the spec should either be removed or replaced".  Given that title, I
don't know what more information could possibly be needed.

Just to be clear: what I am seeking is rationale for the current
authoring conformance requirements.  If this isn't the process for
seeking rationale, please let me know what the process is.

The alternative, as I see it, is to take guesses as to what the intent
is for the authoring conformance requirements, then make my own personal
assessment as to whether the actual requirements meet my guess as to
what the intent is, and then file bugs based on my guesses.

That does not seem like a sane alternative to me.

> Regards,
> Maciej

- Sam Ruby