Re: Change Proposals for ISSUE-41 (D.E.) vs XHTML and IE9

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:41:14 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> for those who didn't notice because of all the other newsworthy stuff
> about IE9: there will finally be proper XHTML support.
>
> For ISSUE-41 this means that we *do* have a well-defined mechanism that
> works in current versions of Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari, and will work
> in the next version of IE.
>
> Therefore it appears it would be good not come up with something
> *completely* different just for text/html.

Letting people use XML if they want XML namespaces seems a more viable
option too now. After all, the reason XHTML got no adoption was because it
was not supported in Internet Explorer.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/