Re: Re-registration of text/html

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t163088-html-tag-missing-but-still-validating.html

> I can't help but wonder if one small change to HTML5 that would reduce
> this confusion, and yet would have zero inpact to browser vendors.  This
> change would be to change the definition of the xmlns attribute on the
> html element from a talisman to a trigger of a few additional, yet
> simple, validation checks.

I think this would actually add to the confusion. It would lead to people
to include unnecessary bytes in their markup because they think it invokes
"strict parsing" in browsers or is "more semantic". c.f. XHTML doctypes.

If you want to opt-in to additional validation checks, the right place for
it is in the validator's UI, IMHO.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software