RE: Re-registration of text/html

>I mean: Software that ingests text/html must do so according to HTML5.

Sorry to revisit this discussion again, but I have to respectfully disagree.  There are numerous classes of text/html consuming (and creation) tools that have no need for the DOM-model required by the HTML5 specification.   This includes interactive (with a human) applications as well as automated/server-based solutions.

While you may only be thinking of the "serving hypertext markup on the Web", there are numerous processes in use today that exchange HTML over http (or extended) channels and (again) have no need for the DOM requirements.

I know we've been over this before, but I think perhaps the editor(s) should consider inclusion of text the reflects such things in the introductory material in one or more of the documents.

Leonard