Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-1 PINGUI / ISSUE-2 PINGPOST Change Proposal to remove @ping from HTML5

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> There was no objection, so this Call for Consensus has passed.
>
> Ian, could you please update the draft to remove ping at your earliest
> convenience? Once that is done we can close the issues.

I have moved PING to the next version of HTML. (Since it's spread all over
the spec, I couldn't easily create a separate W3C draft for it like I did
with <device>, so this is now a section which, like the microdata
vocabularies, is only in the WHATWG draft.)

I'll keep an eye on implementations -- if implementations of this feature
come before we're done with HTML5 after all, it would be nice to be able
to get this into HTML5. Since this is not a high-priority item for vendors
I've spoken to, though, that might not happen.

Cheers,