RE: Closing issues. Setting and meeting deadlines. (was Re: Issue-9 (video-accessibility): Chairs Solicit Proposals)

>* Open Tracker Issues are issues with someone working on a change proposal [2].

I don't believe this is necessarily true.

For example if you examine the Change Proposal Status page [1] you will see that there at least one issue e.g. ISSUE-78 for which the Chairs have not yet issued a Call for Change Proposals.  And before yesterday when Sam issued several new Call for Change Proposals there were even more issues that the Responsible column had assigned to the Chairs.  In addition there are multiple issues where the Chairs have issued a Call for Change Proposals where no one has yet responded.

The Chairs have been trying to stage the number of outstanding Call for Change Proposals so as to not overwhelm the WG with requests which the WG would not be able to respond to.  I expect we may have to do this during Last Call as well depending on the volume of tracker issues and the number of active WG participants.

/paulc

[1] http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada