RE: Editors, please prepare drafts for publication on Thursday, March 4

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:17:56 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: "msporny@digitalbazaar.com" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "annevk@opera.com" <annevk@opera.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>
>>> 2.    The Canvas 2D Context reference to HTML5 points to the wrong document (dated Feb 25):
>> [HTML5]
>> HTML5<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/>, I. Hickson, D. Hyatt. W3C.
>>
>> 3.  HTML Microdata has the same problem that its reference to HTML5
>> points to the wrong document (dated Feb 25).
>
>I don't understand these errors. Can you elaborate?

The HTML5 reference should point to the Mar 4 publication document not a previous version.

>> 4.  The Acknowledgements link in the Canvas 2D Context document points
>> at itself instead of to the HTML 5 spec: For a full list of
>> acknowledgements, please see the HTML5 specification.
>> [HTML5]<http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/#refsHTML5>
>>
>> 5.  HTML Microdata has the same problem with the Acknowledgements
>> reference pointing to itself instead of to the HTML 5 spec.
>
>It seems to link to the references section's HTML5 reference. Am I misreading the spec?

Please look at the URI: http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/#refsHTML5.  It is linking to the "2dcontext" document (itself) NOT the HTML5 document!

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329