Re: Differences between the W3C and WHATWG specifications

Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 06/23/2010 08:26 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

>>> Note: while I suggested convergence, I neither suggested reversion from
>>> the W3C draft or incorporation into the WHATWG draft.
>>
>> If that isn't exactly what you were suggesting above when suggesting that
>> just one spec should be changed, then I really have no idea what it is
>> you
>> were suggesting. [...]
>
> I would like to see the documents converge.
> [...]
> This could have been done by selecting
> an entirely different set of text and modifying both documents to match
> that text.

Sam: Did you perhaps originally mean to say "To fix it in just one spec
is, in itself, an indication that convergence is *NOT* felt to be an
important criteria"? It sounds to me that you meant fixing the original
bug in just one spec leads to divergence (hence indicating that
convergence was not considered important when performing that edit),
whereas Ian is interpreting your statement as saying the divergence
problem should be fixed in just one spec. (I could be misinterpreting
either/both sides, though.)

--
Philip Taylor
pjt47@cam.ac.uk