Re: Request for editing guidance

On 09.06.2010 18:02, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> @hidden has not been a part of HTML for ages.  It was introduced in
> HTML5, same as @ping and Microdata.  (Perhaps you temporarily confused
> it with<input type=hidden>?)

That being said, it is controversial, and we're waiting for a decision
on it (<http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-095>).

> @class and Microdata are comparable because both are arbitrary
> extension points to the language for use by authors.  Whether
> something is "controversial" or not doesn't affect its technical merit
> or how useful it would be for authors.  Those latter points are what
> is actually important for designing a good language.  People will get
> over controversy.

Doesn't compute.

@class has been around for ages and is in active use with CSS. It's not
controversial.

Microdata was a "mee-too" invention from Ian, competing with another W3C
spec.

Comparing both doesn't make any sense at all.

Best regards, Julian