RE: aside and figure elements

Hi Leif,
>         To use aria-describedby
> 		(<article aria-describedby="aside-for-season1">)
>         does not seem correct for something that is supposed to be only
>         "content that is tangentially related".

I agree and I don't think aria-labelledby is intended for this purpose
(albeit in the other element) either.
aria-flowto could work but I am not sure how the users then gets back to the
article from the aside and again I am not sure this is what it was designed
for.

However, if the <aside> element is considered theoretically a child  (but
not in the DOM) of an element or group of elements then could the accessible
alternative be aria-owns?

aria-owns
Identifies an element (or elements) in order to define a visual, functional,
or contextual parent/child relationship between DOM elements where the DOM
hierarchy cannot be used to represent the relationship.

Regards,
Dean Leigh