Re: CfC: Publish HTML5, RDFa heartbeats and Microdata, 2D Context and H:TML as FPWDs

On Feb 24, 2010, at 2:49 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 24.02.2010 08:34, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Julian,
>>
>> Changes have been made to attempt to address your two objections. Can
>> you indicate whether you think these are sufficient? (Not necessarily
>> whether they are the perfect solutions, but do they address your
>> objections enough that it doesn't need to be a publication blocker.)
>
> I never said "block" :-)
>
> What I said is that the sections should be consistent, and that I
> expect the W3C team to ensure that.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

> That being said, the sections are now more consistent, but not
> totally.
>
> For instance, RDFa has
>
> "This is the First Public Working Draft of the "HTML+RDFa: A
> mechanism for embedding RDF in HTML" specification for review by W3C
> members and other interested parties."
>
> while Microdata has not.
>
> I propose that upon publication, the W3C team goes through the
> status sections and simply makes them identical for those parts that
> are not specific to the spec.

Good point.

On review, it looks like everything before "If you wish to make
comments regarding this document" in HTML+RDFa would be better placed
in the Abstract or the Introduction instead of Status of this Document
(except perhaps 'This is a Working Draft of the "HTML+RDFa: A
mechanism for embedding RDF in HTML" specification'. It seems like
most W3C Working Drafts have a sentence similar to that, but not a
description of technical contents of the spec. This seems like a
detail that can be handled over the rest of the publication cycle.

Regards,
Maciej