Re: "image analysis heuristics" (ISSUE-66)

Hi Shelley,

On Feb 5, 2010, at 10:07 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Sorry for top posting here, but can I make a suggestion?
>
> Matt's original change proposal was a simple one: to remove the one paragraph.
>
> Discussion about this change proposal evolved into general suggestions for a new paragraph, either in the same location, or a new location. What the new paragraph states and where seems to be the object of some contention. Or perhaps, just the location, I can't tell from the discussion.
>
> Would it not be a cleaner move to return to Matt's simple change proposal, about removing the paragraph, and then call for new change proposals about text and location of this particular paragraph?

> The new change proposals aren't necessarily counter proposals, because none of the new proposals disagree with Matt's change proposal, which was to remove the one paragraph. They're original change proposals that somewhat bypass the "file-a-bug/editor-response/create-issue/create-change-proposals" process.

If we can't come to consensus through discussion, then indeed we will call for alternative solutions written up as Change Proposals. In the meantime, Matt is free to update his Change Proposal if he feels a different approach would enjoy broader consensus. And I still think we can come to much closer agreement through discussion.

Regards,
Maciej