Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work?

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 05:42:40 -0400
To: Steven Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 08/26/2010 05:10 AM, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> OK,  have changed the short and long names, have added the sections to
> display the issue status.
>
> Once this shows up in the spec and the incorrect "last call for
> comments" status is removed or replaced with something that accurately
> reflects the status, then I will have no objection to closing issue 116

Thank you.

A note on "once this shows up in the spec": that part is automated.
Every time a change to the spec is checked in, the document is
published, that process takes a number of minutes, and as a part of that
process the issues markers are inserted.

The reason why I am mentioning this is that this is not a predictable,
timer driven event.  It is not like "it happens at 3am every morning".
It generally happens when a checkin addressing an unrelated change is
made to the spec.

Given the rate of change to the spec, this has not been a problem.

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/commit-watchers-whatwg.org/2010/thread.html

I'll watch for the sections that you indicated in issue 31 to be marked,
and for resolution of the "last call for comments" marker and then put
out a "CfC: Close ISSUE-116 text-alternative by amicable resolution".

- Sam Ruby