Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

On 22.08.2010 05:26, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> Are there any link relations that have an effect on both<a>/<area>  and
>> on<link>, but not the same effect?
>
> In some cases "alternate", but for all practical purposes (and for the
> purposes of a registry) no, not as far as I know. I would recommend
> avoiding doing that, too, so we could indeed split it into orthogonal
> concerns: where the relation is conforming, what kind of relation it is,
> its synonyms, and the obvious stuff like name, description, and spec(s).

Funny enough, I raised the topic over one week ago, and made a similar
suggestion, see
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/0139.html>,
Part 2. Would have been nice to lead this discussion in this thread. But
it's nice we're now making progress.

Best regards, Julian