Re: ISSUE 86 and removing atom transform section - focusing

On Apr 17, 2010, at 1:40 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

>> Under my working definition, it doesn't become a blocker until Last
>> Call actually threatens to occur.  If it is the opinion of the chairs
>> that we are indeed very close to declaring Last Call, and so this
>> issue stands a reasonable chance of delaying that, then I'll be okay
>> with dropping it.  If the chairs believe there are still sufficient
>> issues blocking LC that this issue, if resolved in a reasonable
>> amount
>> of time, will not delay LC, then I'll continue to oppose dropping
>> this
>> section from the w3c HTML5 spec unless/until the opposite becomes
>> obvious.
>
> I happen to believe that if everybody in this working group is
> allowed to hold up even one issue per person until we are close to
> declaring Last Call, we will never get to Last Call.

Agree. If we start allowing issues to remain open until it is the last
issue, we will never finish. In fact, in the past, we've specifically
denied requests to hold open particular issues until they are the last
issue.

If we want to get done in a reasonable time frame, we should act as if
every issue is already the last issue.

Regards,
Maciej