Re: looking for the use case for HTML->Atom conversion

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:27 AM, Edward O'Connor wrote:

>>> It's a feature I really want. I'd like to simply publish semantic
>>> HTML
>>> and have software produce whatever other formats I need from the
>>> HTML
>>> that I write.
>>
>> Clarifying: your software (at time of publication), or the consumer's
>> software?
>
> Neither. A third party, like H2VX or hAtom2Atom:
>
> http://h2vx.com/
> http://lukearno.com/projects/hatom2atom/

Would using hAtom be a viable option for you, as the second tool
apparently does already? hAtom puts some annotations in the HTML file
that allow it to guarantee that entry ids are preserved across the
translation. So it can't give useful output from just a plain HTML
file, but it can guarantee to satisfy the Atom requirements.

Regards,
Maciej