Re: native elements versus scripted

Hey-

Doug Schepers wrote (on 4/7/10 2:24 AM):

> Silvia Pfeiffer wrote (on 4/7/10 2:19 AM):
>>
>> I'm curious - would the introduction of pseudo-classes also apply to
>> the video and audio element controls?
>
> Seems reasonable to me.

But lest people think I'm prejudiced against scripted ARIA-friendly
controls:

  http://schepers.cc/svg/multimedia/videoplayer.svg

I'd love to be able to do that completely with declarative animation,
but I don't think it's possible right now... there would need to be a
state machine for the controls.  So, a little JS is needed to toggle
@aria-pressed.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs