Re: Web IDL Garden Hose (was: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination)

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Oliver Hunt <oliver@apple.com> wrote:
> I would avoid depending on ES5 until there are multiple realworld
> implementations at least, especially because
> the interaction between the es5 meta-object functionality and host objects
> is less than clear at present.

Hi Oliver, it is precisely the need to clarify this interaction, as
you pointed out in some of your previous posts to es-discuss, that got
us to focus on the need for greater coordination at the last
EcmaScript meeting. Since, as you say, this interaction is currently
unclear, isn't this exactly the kind of problem our standards bodies
should be trying to resolve?

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM