Re: Web IDL Garden Hose (was: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination)

On Sep 25, 2009, at 11:28 PM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> We seem to agree, perhaps vehemently :-/.
>
> One last time, for the record: it is a bug in ES specs that you
> can't follow th

Sorry, rogue cut before send. "it's a bug in ES specs that you can't
follow them in order to implement a web-compatible JS engine."

Although some of "web-compatible JS" really does belong in W3C specs,
not ES specs, it's clear ES1 pretending there is only one global
object did no one any favors. Ditto for execution model and
(ultimately) split windows, as Hixie pointed out in raising the
conflict between HTML5 and ES1-3 (and now ES5).

Just wanted to reassure you, since you seemed to think otherwise, that
no one views it as a feature that ES specs don't specify enough. HTML4
specs didn't either. We're getting there.

/be