Re: Web IDL Garden Hose (was: ECMA TC 39 / W3C HTML and WebApps WG coordination)

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com> wrote:
> Something worth keeping in mind when thinking about low-traffic lists
> is the context-switch cost for casual contributors. Even
> very-low-traffic lists carry a very large historical and conceptual
> overhead that must be loaded into one's brain when responding.

Given the reactions in this thread, it seems unlikely that the
WebIDL->EcmaScript language bindings will be transferred from W3C to
ECMA. I reluctantly withdraw the suggestion. If it stays at W3C, I
think a separate public list open to non-members really is needed. If
not or until then, please continue to cc all correspondence about this
language binding to es-discuss.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM