RE: HTML WG Testing Task Force

On Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:23 AM, Paul Cotton wrote:
> So far we have seen only support and interest for a Testing task force.
>
> Here is suggested outline for such a Testing task force:
>
> HTML WG Testing Task Force:
>  1. Any HTML WG member can join the HTML WG Testing TF (opt in model).
>  2. Any member of the HTML WG Testing TF MUST be a member of the HTML WG.
>     Note: We may want to figure out how to permit TF members to avoid
> receiving WG email.
>  3. The Testing TF will use a separate email list for TF discussions
> (email address public-html-testsuite@w3.org archived
>     at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/ ).
>  4. The Testing TF would have a separate weekly meeting slot (day and
> time TBD).
>  5. The Testing TF would not make final decisions about its scope, work
> plan or work products.  These decisions will be made by HTML WG.
>     Note: The HTML WG might decide at some future point in time to
> delegate more responsibility to the Testing TF.
>  6. Facilitator(s) of the Testing TF will be selected by the HTML WG
> chairs.
>  7. The Testing TF facilitator will report back to the HTML WG on the
> work of the TF on a regular basis.
>  8. The first task of the Testing TF will be to draft its scope and
> initial work plan.

To be clear, Microsoft supports this approach for the Testing Task Force. In
particular, we'd like to emphasise the desire (articulated in point 2) that
participants of the task force be able to be members of the working group and
the task force mailing list without needing to receive the large volume of mail
from public-html.

We will nominate a senior test leader from the Internet Explorer team to
participate in the Task Force. We also intend to contribute test cases.

Cheers,

Adrian.