Re: Request to publish HTML+RDFa (draft 3) as FPWD

On Sep 22, 2009, at 10:30 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> I think the frustration level in this thread is rising to the point
> that
> we're not going to be able to make good progress if it continues much
> longer,

Actually, it seems to me that the thread was doing a good job of
getting down to the core issues, and in expressing that in terms of
concrete problems.

> so let me propose a set of solutions and then have Jonas, Henri
> and Maciej weigh in on whether or not they think that the set of
> solutions will address their issues:

Your proposed actions below sound good to me. I will note also that,
despite some claims to the contrary, the XHTML+RDFa processing model
is already defined in terms of traversing a DOM, while not requiring
implementations to actually have a DOM, as long as they behave in an
equivalent way. So I think what you describe below can be done without
a lot of additional spec complexity. You don't have to define a whole
new form of the processing model for non-DOM implementations, you can
just fill in some of the details in the model that  XHTML+RDFa already
uses.