Re: dt/dd in figure/details has killer rendering issues in ie6 and ie7

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> Tab Atkins Jr. On 09-09-18 22.25:
> [...  bike shed comment ignored ...]

Don't take that as an insult; I was involved in the discussion too,
remember.  It was a factual description of the threads.  ^_^

>> Curiously, the DOM of the page is just fine (as exposed by IE8's
>> Developer Tools).  So it's just something in the styling subsystem
>> that is crafting a malformed view of the document.
>
> Live DOM Viewer shows wrong nesting in IE6/IE7/IE8-as-IE7. Hence I tested to
> see if CSS and DOM roughly corresponded, and the problem is that they did

Oh, duh, right.  I had discovered that too, but somehow completely
forgot about it (sorry for telling you wrong, Anne).  It's extra
weird, in that the elements show up *twice* in the DOM viewer - once
in their appropriate location, and once as children of the <dt> (at
least sometimes - I've got a test case showing an element exclusively
as a wrongful child).  This suggests a non-tree DOM.

> Correction:
>
>  <!--[if lt IE 8]><object></head><!<![endif]--><body>

Interesting.  Legacy IE is all kinds of crazy.  Yay for a
well-documented parsing algorithm now!

~TJ