Reopening bugs (Was: The Complexity Argument)

On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Steven Rowat wrote:

> I was trying to develop these ideas for discussion in bug 7546 [1] and a
> recent TAG post [2]. Unfortunately (somewhat rashly I thought) yesterday
> Ian changed bug 7546 to "RESOLVED" "INVALID". Two steps forward, one
> step back. ;-) .

Please feel free to reopen bugs that I close if you disagree with my
reasoning. My goal is to resolve all bugs either by fixing them or
indicating why I do not believe they should be fixed; as per our charter,
that is the "editor's proposal" for how to deal with the bug, and if the
working group disagrees with that proposal, it can then be overridden by
the chairs (e.g. by them calling a vote).